At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Bridge Engineer, we'll count on you to:
* Apply structural engineering and detailing techniques
* Conduct Bridge Inspections
* Select standard bridge engineering/design procedures, develop structural details using specialized structural design and analysis software, and perform structural load calculations and assist with geometric layout and quantity development.
* Work on projects that typically include bridge (steel plate girder, prestress concrete, segmental and cable) box culvert, and interchange design for highway and railway projects
* Review, assign work and/or check design calculations, estimates, and specifications produced by junior engineers and EITs
* Perform other duties as needed
* Bachelor's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
* LA PE
* 4+ years bridge design experience
* Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, MicroStation, AutoCAD, MathCAD, LARSA, Prestress Concrete Design preferred
* Experience using structural analysis programs and bridge design software
* Experience managing junior staff
* Excellent communication skills and working in a team environment
* An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
* Master's degree in Structural Engineering
* FHWA/NBIS Bridge Inspection Certification
* Moveable Bridge Design Experience
* Familiarity with engineering software packages such as: LEAP Bridge Enterprise, FB-MultiPier, LPile, AASHTOWare BrR, midas Civil, MDX, SAP2000, CSiBridge, ADINA, RM Bridge, spColumn, LUSAS, STLBridgeLRFD, or STLBridge
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.